- Exclusive guide that covers how to get up and running with fast data processing using Apache Spark
- Explore and exploit various possibilities with Apache Spark using real-world use cases in this book
- Want to perform efficient data processing at real time? This book will be your one-stop solution.
Spark juggernaut keeps on rolling and getting more and more momentum each day. Spark provides key capabilities in the form of Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, Spark ML and Graph X all accessible via Java, Scala, Python and R. Deploying the key capabilities is crucial whether it is on a Standalone framework or as a part of existing Hadoop installation and configuring with Yarn and Mesos.
The next part of the journey after installation is using key components, APIs, Clustering, machine learning APIs, data pipelines, parallel programming. It is important to understand why each framework component is key, how widely it is being used, its stability and pertinent use cases.
Once we understand the individual components, we will take a couple of real life advanced analytics examples such as ‘Building a Recommendation system', ‘Predicting customer churn' and so on.
The objective of these real life examples is to give the reader confidence of using Spark for real-world problems.
What you will learn
- Get an overview of big data analytics and its importance for organizations and data professionals
- Delve into Spark to see how it is different from existing processing platforms
- Understand the intricacies of various file formats, and how to process them with Apache Spark.
- Realize how to deploy Spark with YARN, MESOS