Smart Internet of Things Projects
- Learn how to extract and analyse data from physical devices and build smart IoT projects
- Master the skills of building enticing projects such as a neural network autonomous car, computer vision through a camera, and cloud-based IoT applications
- This project-based guide leverages revolutionary computing chips such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and so on
Internet of Things (IoT) is a groundbreaking technology that involves connecting numerous physical devices to the Internet and controlling them. Creating basic IoT projects is common, but imagine building smart IoT projects that can extract data from physical devices, thereby making decisions by themselves.
Our book overcomes the challenge of analyzing data from physical devices and accomplishes all that your imagination can dream up by teaching you how to build smart IoT projects. Basic statistics and various applied algorithms in data science and machine learning are introduced to accelerate your knowledge of how to integrate a decision system into a physical device.
This book contains IoT projects such as building a smart temperature controller, creating your own vision machine project, building an autonomous mobile robot car, controlling IoT projects through voice commands, building IoT applications utilizing cloud technology and data science, and many more. We will also leverage a small yet powerful IoT chip, Raspberry Pi with Arduino, in order to integrate a smart decision-making system in the IoT projects.
What you will learn
- Implement data science in your IoT projects and build a smart temperature controller
- Create a simple machine learning application and implement decision system concepts
- Develop a vision machine using OpenCV
- Build a robot car with manual and automatic control
- Implement speech modules with your own voice commands for IoT projects
- Connect IoT to a cloud-based server
About the Author
Agus Kurniawan is a lecturer, IT consultant, and an author. He has 14 years of experience in various software and hardware development projects, delivering materials in training and workshops, and technical writing. He has been awarded the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award 12 years in a row.
He is currently doing some research and also getting involved in teaching activities related to networking and security systems at the Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia and Samsung R&D Institute, Indonesia. Currently, he is pursuing a PhD in computer science at the Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany. He can be reached on his blog at http://blog.aguskurniawan.net and Twitter at @agusk2010.
Table of Contents
- Making Your IoT Project Smart
- Decision System for IoT Projects
- Building Your Own Machine Vision
- Making Your Own Autonomous Car Robot
- Building Voice Technology on IoT Projects
- Building Data Science-based Cloud for IoT Projects