Mastering AWS Lambda
Yohan Wadia, Udita Gupta
Build cost-effective and highly scalable Serverless applications using AWS Lambda.
About This Book
- Leverage AWS Lambda to significantly lower your infrastructure costs and deploy out massively scalable, event-driven systems and applications
- Learn how to design and build Lambda functions using real-world examples and implementation scenarios
- Explore the Serverless ecosystem with a variety of toolsets and AWS services including DynamoDB, API Gateway, and much more!
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Cloud administrator and/or developer who wishes to explore, learn, and leverage AWS Lambda to design, build, and deploy Serverless applications in the cloud, then this is the book for you! The book assumes you have some prior knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS core services such as EC2, IAM, S3, along with the knowledge to work with any popular programming language such as Node.Js, Java, C#, and so on.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the hype, significance, and business benefits of Serverless computing and applications
- Plunge into the Serverless world of AWS Lambda and master its core components and how it works
- Find out how to effectively and efficiently design, develop, and test Lambda functions using Node.js, along with some keen coding insights and best practices
- Explore best practices to effectively monitor and troubleshoot Serverless applications using AWS CloudWatch and other third-party services in the form of Datadog and Loggly
- Quickly design and develop Serverless applications by leveraging AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, and API Gateway using the Serverless Application Framework (SAF) and other AWS services such as Step