Discover techniques and tools for building serverless applications with AWS Lambda
- Learn to write, run, and deploy Lambda functions in the AWS cloud
- Make the most of AWS Lambda functions to build scalable and cost-efficient systems
- A practical guide to developing serverless services and applications in Node.js, Java, Python, and C#
AWS Lambda is a part of AWS that lets you run your code without provisioning or managing servers. This enables you to deploy applications and backend services that operate with no upfront cost. This book gets you up to speed on how to build scalable systems and deploy serverless applications with AWS Lambda.
The book starts with the fundamental concepts of AWS Lambda, and then teaches you how to combine your applications with other AWS services, such as AmazonAPI Gateway and DynamoDB. This book will also give a quick walk through on how to use the Serverless Framework to build larger applications that can structure code or autogenerate boilerplate code that can be used to get started quickly for increased productivity.
Toward the end of the book, you will learn how to write, run, and test Lambda functions using Node.js, Java, Python, and C#.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamental concepts of AWS Lambda
- Get to grips with the Serverless Framework and how to create a serverless project
- Testing and debugging Lambda functions
- Create a stateful, serverless backend with DynamoDB
- Program AWS Lambda with Java, Python, and C#
- Program a lambda function with Node.js
Who This Book Is For
This book is primarily for IT architects and developers who want to build scalable systems and deploy serverless applications with AWS Lambda. No prior knowledge of AWS is necessary.
Table of Contents
- Getting started with AWS
- Exploring the Serverless Framework
- Building a Serverless Applications
- Programming AWS Lambda with Java
- Programming AWS Lambda with Python
- Programming AWS Lambda with C#