Beginning GraphQL: Fetch data faster and more efficiently whilst improving the overall performance of your web application
Over-fetching and under-fetching data can negatively impact the performance of your web application. Future-proof your API structure and handle key development requirements by correctly defining types and schemas in GraphQL.
- Includes server-side implementations using GraphQL.js, Apollo, Graphcool, and Prisma
- Understand an example client-side implementation of GraphQL in ReactJS using Apollo
- Implement over 20 practical activities and exercises across 5 topics that enable you to efficiently use GraphQL in production
Though fairly new, GraphQL is quickly rising in popularity when it comes to API development. This book will teach you everything you need to know to start building efficient APIs with GraphQL. You'll begin by learning to create a simple scaffold application using Node.js and Express. Then, you'll explore core GraphQL concepts and study how GraphQL integrates with other frameworks in real-life business applications. By the end of the book, you will be able to successfully create efficient client-server REST-like applications.
What you will learn
- Understand core GraphQL concepts that can be used across different languages
- Understand the overall structure of GraphQL applications
- Understand the key differences between GraphQL and REST
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Understanding GraphQL Concepts
- Querying Real-Time Data
- Integrating GraphQL with Server-Side Applications Using the Apollo Client