Blockchain for Business 2019: A user-friendly introduction to blockchain technology and its business applications
Your one-stop guide to blockchain technology and its business applications
- Assimilate blockchain services such as Ethereum and Hyperledger to transform industrial applications
- Know in and out of blockchain technology to understand various business use cases
- Understand various common and not-so-common challenges faced in blockchain development
Blockchain for Business 2019 is a comprehensive guide that enables you to bring in various blockchain functionalities to extend your existing business models and make correct fully-informed decisions. You will learn how decentralized applications are transforming numerous business sectors that are expected to play a huge role in the future. You will see how large corporations are already implementing blockchain technology now. You will then learn about the various blockchain services, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger, and others to understand their use cases in a variety of business domains. You will develop a solid fundamental understanding of blockchain architecture.
Moving ahead, you will get to grips with the inner workings of blockchain, with detailed explanations of mining, decentralized consensus, cryptography, smart contracts, and many other important concepts. You will delve into a realistic view of the current state of blockchain technology, along with its issues, limitations, and potential solutions that can take it to the next level.
By the end of this book, you will all be well versed in the latest innovations and developments in the emerging blockchain space.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of blockchain and how it was developed
- Gain a good understanding of economic concepts and developments
- Develop a base for concepts such as cryptography, computer networking, and programming
- Understand the applications of blockchain and its potential impact on the world
- Become well versed with the latest developments in the blockchain space
- Explore blockchain frameworks, including decentralized organizational structures, networks, and applications
Who this book is for
This book is for financial professionals, business executives, managers, and enthusiasts who are interested in getting well-versed with blockchain technology in various business domains. This book will help boost your existing business models using blockchain services. No prior experience of blockchain is required.
Table of Contents
- Bitcoin, Blockchain, Crypto-assets
- A Brief History of Money
- How Bitcoin was born and the advantages of a decentralized payment system
- Bitcoin's five forces: #1 Blockchain
- Bitcoin's five forces: #2 Cryptography
- Bitcoin's five forces: #3 Consensus algorithm
- Bitcoin's five forces: #4 P2P network
- Bitcoin's five forces: #5 Software code base
- How Ethereum took the idea of Blockchain to the next level
- Ethereum - a global platform for decentralized applications
- Blockchains focused on specific sectors and use-cases
- Corporate blockchains
- The Disruptive Potential of Blockchain Technology
- Blockchain and AI
- Current issues and potential solutions to take blockchain to the next level