Azure DevOps Explained: Get started with Azure DevOps and develop your DevOps practices
Zaal, Sjoukje, Demiliani, Stefano, Malik, Amit
$250微軟互聯網信息服務(IIS)最佳實踐 (The Best Practices for Microsoft internet information Services)
Implement real-world DevOps and cloud deployment scenarios using Azure Repos, Azure Pipelines, and other Azure DevOps tools
- Improve your application development life cycle with Azure DevOps in a step-by-step manner
- Apply continuous integration and continuous deployment to reduce application downtime
- Work with real-world CI/CD scenarios curated by a team of renowned Microsoft MVPs and MCTs
Developing applications for the cloud involves changing development methodologies and procedures. Continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes are a must today, but are often difficult to implement and adopt. Azure DevOps is a Microsoft Azure cloud service that enhances your application development life cycle and enables DevOps capabilities.
Starting with a comprehensive product overview, this book helps you to understand Azure DevOps and apply DevOps techniques to your development projects. You'll find out how to adopt DevOps techniques for your development processes by using built-in Azure DevOps tools. Throughout the course of this book, you'll also discover how to manage a project with the help of project management techniques such as Agile and Scrum, and then progress toward development aspects such as source code management, build pipelines, code testing and artifacts, release pipelines, and GitHub integration. As you learn how to implement DevOps practices, this book will also provide you with real-world examples and scenarios of DevOps adoption.
By the end of this DevOps book, you will have learned how to adopt and implement Azure DevOps features in your real-world development processes.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with Azure DevOps
- Find out about project management with Azure Boards
- Understand source code management with Azure Repos
- Build and release pipelines
- Run quality tests in build pipelines
- Use artifacts and integrate Azure DevOps in the GitHub flow
- Discover real-world CI/CD scenarios with Azure DevOps
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, solutions architects, and DevOps engineers interested in getting started with cloud DevOps practices on Azure. Prior understanding of Azure architecture and services is necessary. Some knowledge of DevOps principles and techniques will be useful.
Sjoukje Zaal is a CTO, Microsoft Regional Director, and Microsoft Azure MVP with over 20 years of experience in architecture-, development-, consultancy-, and design-related roles. She works at Capgemini, a global leader in consultancy, technology services, and digital transformation.
She loves to share her knowledge and is active in the Microsoft community as a co-founder of the user groups Tech Daily Chronicle, Global XR Community, and the Mixed Reality User Group. She is also a board member of Azure Thursdays and Global Azure. Sjoukje is an international speaker and is involved in organizing many events. She has written several books and writes blogs.
Stefano Demiliani is a Microsoft MVP in business applications, an MCT, a Microsoft Certified DevOps Engineer and Azure Architect, and a long-time expert on Microsoft technologies. He works as a CTO for EID NAVLAB and his main activities are architecting solutions with Azure and Dynamics 365 ERPs. He's the author of many IT books for Packt and a speaker at international conferences about Azure and Dynamics 365. You can reach him on Twitter or on LinkedIn or via his personal website.
Amit Malik is an IT enthusiast and technology evangelist focused on the cloud and emerging technologies. He is currently employed by Spektra Systems as the director of technology, where he helps Microsoft partners grow their cloud businesses by using effective tools and strategies. He specializes in the cloud, DevOps, software-defined infrastructure, application modernization, data platforms, and emerging technologies around AI. Amit holds various industry-admired certifications from all major OEMs in the cloud and data space, including Azure Solutions Architect Expert. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). Amit is an active community member of various technology groups and is a regular speaker at industry conferences and events.
Table of Contents
- Azure DevOps Overview
- Managing Projects with Azure DevOps Boards
- Source Control Management with Azure DevOps
- Understanding Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Running Quality Tests in a Build Pipeline
- Hosting Your Own Azure Pipeline Agent
- Using Artifacts with Azure DevOps
- Deploying Applications with Azure DevOps
- Integrating Azure DevOps with GitHub
- Using Test Plans with Azure DevOps
- Real-World CI/CD Scenarios with Azure DevOps