Principles of Instrumental Analysis, 7/e (Paperback)【內含Access Code,經刮除不受退】
Douglas A. Skoog , F. James Holler , Stanley R. Crouch
- 出版商: Cengage Learning
- 出版日期: 2018-01-01
- 售價: $1,450
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,421
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 984
- ISBN: 9814834343
- ISBN-13: 9789814834346
●PRINCIPLES OF INSTRUMENTAL ANALYSIS offers the most current data in its coverage and end-of-chapter problem sets, and the authors present material in a student-friendly style that is active and engaging. Examples throughout each chapter aid in solving relevant and interesting problems. The solutions to the problems in each example are indicated so that students can easily separate the problem setup from the problem solution.
●Spreadsheet applications have been included throughout to illustrate how these powerful programs can be applied to instrumental methods. Problems accompanied by an icon encourage the use of spreadsheets. When a more detailed approach is required or supplemental reading is appropriate, readers are referred to the authors' companion book, Applications of Microsoft® Excel in Analytical Chemistry, 3e. Those who purchase PRINCIPLES OF INSTRUMENTAL ANALYSIS have full access to this companion text at www.tinyurl.com/skoogpia7. This companion provides assistance in understanding these applications.
●The book is printed in two colors. This feature aids in understanding the many ﬁgures and diagrams in the text both aesthetically and pedagogically. The second color clariﬁes graphs; aids in following the data ﬂow in diagrams; provides keys for correlating data that appear in multiple charts, graphs, and diagrams; and makes for a more pleasing overall appearance.
●An open-ended Challenge Problem provides a capstone research-oriented experience for each chapter. Intended to be research-type problems that are more challenging than normal and may have multiple solutions, Challenge Problems may consist of multiple steps, dependent on one another, or may require library or web searches to ﬁnd information. They stimulate discussion, extend the topics of the chapters into new areas, and can be used for group projects, inquiry-driven learning assignments, and case study discussions. Due to their unique nature, solutions are not provided for these problems.
Section I: MEASUREMENT BASICS.
2. Electrical Components and Circuits.
3. Operational Amplifiers in Chemical Instrumentation.
4. Digital Electronics and Computers.
5. Signals and Noise.
Instrumental Analysis in Action: The Electronic Analytical Laboratory.
Section II: ATOMIC SPECTROSCOPY.
6. An Introduction to Spectrometric Methods.
7. Components of Optical Instruments.
8. An Introduction to Optical Atomic Spectrometry.
9. Atomic Absorption and Atomic Fluorescence Spectrometry.
10. Atomic Emission Spectrometry.
11. Atomic Mass Spectrometry.
12. Atomic X-Ray Spectrometry.
Instrumental Analysis in Action: Monitoring Mercury.
Section III: MOLECULAR SPECTROSCOPY.
13. An Introduction to Ultraviolet-Visible Molecular Absorption Spectrometry.
14. Applications of Ultraviolet-Visible Molecular Absorption Spectrometry.
15. Molecular Luminescence Spectrometry.
16. An Introduction to Infrared Spectrometry.
17. Applications of Infrared Spectrometry.
18. Raman Spectroscopy.
19. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
20. Molecular Mass Spectrometry.
21. Surface Characterization by Spectroscopy and Microscopy.
Instrumental Analysis in Action: Assessing the Authenticity of the Vinland Map: Surface Analysis in the Service of History, Art, and Forensics.
Section IV: ELECTROANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY.
22. An Introduction to Electroanalytical Chemistry.
Instrumental Analysis in Action: Measuring the Parts to Understand the Whole: The Microphysiometer.
Section V: SEPARATION METHODS.
26. An Introduction to Chromatographic Separations.
27. Gas Chromatography.
28. High-Performance Liquid Chromatography.
29. Supercritical Fluid Chromatography and Extraction.
30. Capillary Electrophoresis, Electrochromatography, and Field-Flow Fractionation.
Instrumental Analysis in Action: The Bisphenol A Controversy.
Section VI: MISCELLANEOUS METHODS.
31. Thermal Methods.
32. Radiochemical Methods.
33. Automated Methods of Analysis.
34. Particle Size Determination.
Instrumental Analysis in Action: The John F. Kennedy Assassination.
Appendix 1: Evaluation of Analytical Data.
Appendix 2: Activity Coefficients.
Appendix 3: Some Standard and Formal Electrode Potentials.
Appendix 4: Compounds Recommended for the Preparation of Standard Solutions of Some Common Elements.
Answers to Selected Problems.