David Mark Clements
- Packed with practical recipes taking you from the basics to extending Node with your own modules
- Create your own web server to see Node’s features in action
- Work with JSON, XML, web sockets, and make the most of asynchronous programming
Beginning with making your own web server, the practical recipes in this cookbook are designed to smoothly progress you to making full web applications, command line applications, and Node modules. Node Cookbook takes you through interfacing with various database backends such as MySQL, MongoDB and Redis, working with web sockets, and interfacing with network protocols, such as SMTP. Additionally, there are recipes on correctly performing heavy computations, security implementations, writing, your own Node modules and different ways to take your apps live.
What you will learn from this book
- Write and publish your own modules
- Interface with various databases
- Work with streams of data
- Handle file uploads and POST data
- Use the Express framework to accelerate the development of your applications
- Learn about security, encryption, and authentication techniques
As part of Packt's cookbook series, this book is packed with practical recipes that will get you working efficiently with Node from the start. Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of working with Node.
Who this book is written for