SDL Game Development（Paperback）
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-04-18
- 售價: $1,460
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,387
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 256
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849696829
- ISBN-13: 9781849696821
$1,304Windows 8 Apps with XAML and C# Unleashed (Paperback)
$653C++ Primer, 5/e (簡體中文版)
$658OpenGL編程指南(原書第8版) (OpenGL Programming Guide: The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL, Version 4.3, 8/e)
BLACK & WHITE EDITION
If you're good with C++ and object oriented programming, this book utilizes your skills to create 2D games using the Simple DirectMedia Layer API. Practical tutorials include the development of two wickedly good games.
- Create 2D reusable games using the new SDL 2.0 and C++ frameworks
- Become proficient in speeding up development time
- Create two fully-featured games with C++ which include a platform game and a 2D side scrolling shooter
- An engaging and structured guide to develop your own game
SDL 2.0 is the latest release of the popular Simple DirectMedia Layer API, which is designed to make life easier for C++ developers, allowing you simple low-level access to various multiplatform audio, graphics, and input devices.
SDL Game Development guides you through creating your first 2D game using SDL and C++. It takes a clear and practical approach to SDL game development, ensuring that the focus remains on creating awesome games.
Starting with the installation and setup of SDL, you will quickly become familiar with useful SDL features, covering sprites, state management, and OOP, leading to a reusable framework that is extendable for your own games. SDL Game Development culminates in the development of two exciting action games that utilize the created framework along with tips to improve the framework.
What you will learn from this book
- Draw in SDL and build the SDL_image extension
- Develop reusable classes
- Get to grips with game related object-oriented programming
- Integrate a variety of user inputs into your games, such as joysticks or keyboards
- Use factories that enable us to create objects dynamically at runtime
- Create 2D maps through the use of tiles
- Easily apply the framework to different game genres
- Understand the scrolling of a tile map using the position of the player and collision detection
Written as a practical and engaging tutorial, SDL Game Development guides you through the development of your own framework and the creation of two exciting, fully-featured games.
Who this book is written for
SDL Game Development is aimed at C++ developers who want to learn the fundamentals of SDL for cross-platform game development. This isn't a beginner's guide to C++, so a good knowledge of C++ and object oriented programming is a must.