Google Analytics (Paperback)
Mary E. Tyler, Jerri Ledford
You know you need to analyze the success of your Web site, but how? Do you even know what to look for? Is there a tool powerful enough to help you evaluate your marketing efforts, products, and services, but simple enough to use if you're not a propeller-head?
Google Analytics is that tool, and this is the handbook you need to make it work for you. Learn to set up Google Analytics, understand the reports it generates, and use the information to make your Web site a real asset to your business.
- Get familiar with the concept of analytics, what Google Analytics offers, and how it compares to popular site statistics programs.
- Learn to set up the program, navigate the interface, understand filters, and use goal-setting features.
- Integrate Google Analytics with Google AdWords.
- Make the most of reporting dashboards.
- Find out how to use analytics for marketing and content optimization.
- Understand what each type of report means and how to interpret it.
- Explore how other companies have used analytics to improve site performance.
- Investigate how to use Google Analytics for complete e-commerce analysis.
Order your copy today and make your Web site work for you!
Table of Contents
PART I: BASIC ANALYTICS.
Chapter 1. Why Analytics?
Chapter 2. Analytics and AWStats.
Chapter 3. Oh, No! More AWStats!
PART 2: SETTING UP GOOGLE ANALYTICS.
Chapter 4. Getting Started.
Chapter 5. The Settings Dashboard.
Chapter 6. Filtering Your Data.
Chapter 7. Using Analytics Goals.
Chapter 8. AdWords Integration.
PART 3: THE REPORTING DASHBOARDS.
Chapter 9. The Executive Dashboard.
Chapter 10. The Marketer Dashboard.
Chapter 11. The Webmaster Dashboard.
PART 4: MARKETING OPTIMIZATION.
Chapter 12. Unique-Visitor Tracking.
Chapter 13. Visitor Segmenting.
Chapter 14. Marketing Campaign Results.
Chapter 15. Search-Engine Marketing.
PART 5: CONTENT OPTIMIZATION.
Chapter 16. Ad Version Testing.
Chapter 17. Content Performance.
Chapter 18. Navigational Analysis.
Chapter 19. Goals & Funnel Process.
Chapter 20. Web Design Parameters.
PART 6: E-COMMERCE ANALYSIS.
Chapter 21. Commerce Tracking.
Chapter 22. Loyalty & Latency.
Chapter 23. Revenue Sources.
Chapter 24. Product Merchandising.