Calculus, 11/e (Metric Version)(IE-Paperback)
Ron Larson , Bruce H. Edwards
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
With a long history of innovation in the market, Larson/Edwards’ CALCULUS, INTERNATIONAL METRIC EDITION has been widely praised by a generation of students and professors for solid and effective pedagogy that addresses the needs of a broad range of teaching and learning styles and environments. Each title in the series is one component in a comprehensive calculus course program that carefully integrates and coordinates print, media, and technology products for successful teaching and learning.
• LarsonCalculus.com – The authors created a free website offering many valuable resources, including Proof Videos (watch co-author Bruce Edwards present theorems and explain their proofs); Calculus Videos (watch Dana Mosely explain concepts of calculus); Interactive Examples (explore examples using Wolfram’s free CDF player, plug-in required); Rotatable Graphs (view and rotate three-dimensional graphs using Wolfram’s free CDF player).
• The How Do You See It? exercise in each section presents a problem that students solve by visual inspection using the concepts learned in the lesson.
• Remarks - These hints and tips can be used to reinforce or expand upon concepts, help students learn how to study mathematics, caution them against common errors, address special cases, or show alternative or additional steps to a solution of an example.
• Exercise Sets - The exercise sets have been carefully and extensively examined to ensure they are rigorous, relevant, and cover all topics suggested by our users. Multi-step, real-life exercises reinforce problem-solving skills and mastery of concepts by giving students the opportunity to apply the concepts in real-life situations. Putnam Exam questions push the limits of students’ understanding of calculus. Graphing technology exercises allow students to make use of a graphing utility to help find solutions.
• Second Order Differential Equations - Available online, this chapter delves into second order differential equations. This will greatly help engineering and math majors.
• Graded Homework Exercises - Online homework and tests are evaluated using powerful Maple software to ensure mathematical accuracy. Instructors control point values, weighting grades, and whether or not an item is graded. An electronic gradebook helps instructors manage course information easily and can be exported to other files, such as Excel.
New to this Edition
• Stepped-out solution videos with instruction are available at CalcView.com for selected exercises throughout the text. The selected textbook exercises will have a QR code next to the exercise number for easy access via a smart phone.
• More conceptual exercises have been added to help students better understand the concepts being taught in each section.
• The Section Projects have been carefully and extensively examined to ensure they are rigorous and relevant. The authors have added and revised a number of these projects.
Table of Contents
P. PREPARATION FOR CALCULUS.
1. LIMITS AND THEIR PROPERTIES.
3. APPLICATIONS OF DIFFERENTIATION.
5. LOGARITHMIC, EXPONENTIAL, AND OTHER TRANSCENDENTAL FUNCTIONS.
6. DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS.
7. APPLICATIONS OF INTEGRATION.
8. INTEGRATION TECHNIQUES AND IMPROPER INTEGRALS.
9. INFINITE SERIES.
10. CONICS, PARAMETRIC EQUATIONS, AND POLAR COORDINATES.
11. VECTORS AND THE GEOMETRY OF SPACE.
12. VECTOR-VALUED FUNCTIONS.
13. FUNCTIONS OF SEVERAL VARIABLES.
14. MULTIPLE INTEGRATION.
15. VECTOR ANALYSIS.
16. SECOND ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS* ONLINE.
A. Proofs of Selected Theorems.
B. Integration Tables.
C. Precalculus Review (Web).
C.1. Real Numbers and the Real Number Line.
C.2. The Cartesian Plane.
D. Rotation and the General Second-Degree Equation (Web).
E. Complex Numbers (Web).
F. Business and Economic Applications (Web).
G. Fitting Models to Data (Web).