Articulating Design Decisions: Communicate with Stakeholders, Keep Your Sanity, and Deliver the Best User Experience
$998HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites (Paperback)
Talking to people about your designs might seem like a basic skill, but it can be difficult to do well. In many cases, how you communicate with stakeholders, clients, and other nondesigners may be more important than the designs themselves. Because if you're unable to gain support, your work will never see the light of day--no matter how good it is.
The second edition of this practical guide focuses on principles, tactics, and actionable methods for presenting your designs. Whether you design UX, websites, or products, you'll learn how to get support from the people who have influence over the project, with the goal of creating the best user experience.
- Walk through the process of preparing and presenting your designs
- Understand stakeholder perspectives and learn how to empathize with them
- Cultivate both implicit and explicit listening skills
- Learn tactics and strategies for expressing the most effective response to feedback
- Create the right documentation for your decisions to avoid repeated conversations
- Discover why the way you follow through is just as important as the meeting itself
Tom Greever has been designing interfaces and leading design teams for 20 years. His experience as a UX designer, executive design leader, and consultant has given him a broad perspective on how better communication yields great design. He has coached and mentored teams on design practices and communication at both large enterprises and small start-ups all over the world.
He is available for in-person workshops, online training, or motivational keynotes for your team or conference. He lives in Illinois with his wife and five kids. He is probably cleaning up the house right now.
Add him on LinkedIn: https: //www.linkedin.com/in/tomgreever
Follow him on Twitter: https: //twitter.com/tomgreever
Follow him on Instagram: https: //www.instagram.com/tomgreever
You can also find articles, podcasts, and videos about this topic on his website: https: //tomgreever.com