- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2015-01-29
- 售價: $1,440
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,368
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 305
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783987847
- ISBN-13: 9781783987849
Build your very own app-store-ready, multi-touch games and applications with Kivy!
About This Book
- Learn how to create simple to complex functional apps quickly and easily with the Kivy framework
- Bend Kivy according to your needs by customizing, overriding, and bypassing the built-in functions when necessary
- A step-by-step guide that provides a swift and easy introduction to game development for both desktop and mobile
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for programmers who are comfortable with the Python language and who want to build desktop and mobile applications with rich GUI in Python with minimal hassle. Knowledge of Kivy is not strictly required―every aspect of the framework is described when it's first used.
What You Will Learn
- Set up a development environment for Python and Kivy programming
- Build cross-platform applications suitable for desktop and mobile
- Create Modern UI apps reminiscent of Windows Phone flat design
- Interface with the native Android API to broaden the scope of what functionality is available to your apps
- Customize your applications by modifying the built-in Kivy features for your project specifications
- Develop full-stack, client-server solutions with the backend and UI both written in Python
- Write modular, reusable code while utilizing various aspects of the Kivy framework
- Write your own cross-platform video-games, ready for distribution on Google Play, App Store, or even Steam
Kivy is a Modern UI framework that greatly simplifies the development of cross-platform apps suitable for both mobile and desktop.
This book is a practical guide that will walk you through the creation of intuitive multi-platform games and apps for day-to-day use. You will learn how to build simple, common apps such as Stopwatch and Paint. Then, we will gradually dive into more advanced Python and Kivy features. We will also cover a number of related topics ranging from UI design to low-level GLSL shaders. You will be able to fill your resume with practical applications and games, including those inspired by the insanely popular puzzle game 2048 and Flappy Bird. Each chapter covers a fully functional program, highlighting different aspects of the Kivy framework.