React and React Native - Third Edition
Adam Boduch (Author), Roy Derks (Author)
- Cover the latest features of React such as Hooks, Suspense, NativeBase, and Apollo in this updated third edition
- Get to grips with the React architecture for writing easy-to-manage web and mobile applications
- Understand GraphQL and Apollo for building a scalable backend for your cross-platform apps
React and React Native, Facebook's innovative UI libraries, are designed to help you build robust cross-platform web and mobile applications. This updated third edition is improved and updated to cover the latest version of React. The book particularly focuses on the latest developments in the React ecosystem, such as modern Hook implementations, code splitting using lazy components and Suspense, user interface framework components using Material-UI, and Apollo. In terms of React Native, the book has been updated to version 0.62 and demonstrates how to apply native UI components for your existing mobile apps using NativeBase.
You will begin by learning the essential building blocks of React components. Next, you'll progress to working with higher-level functionalities in application development, before putting this knowledge to use by developing user interface components for the web and for native platforms. Toward the concluding chapters, you'll understand how to bring your application together with a robust data architecture.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to build React applications for the web and React Native applications for multiple mobile platforms.
What you will learn
- Delve into the React architecture, component property, state, and context
- Get to grips with React Hooks for handling functions and components
- Implement code splitting in React using lazy components and Suspense API
- Build a robust user interface for mobile and desktop apps using Material-UI
- Write shared components for Android and iOS mobile apps using React Native
- Simplify layout design for React Native apps using NativeBase
- Write GraphQL schema to power web and mobile apps
- Implement web and mobile components that are driven by Apollo
Who This Book Is For