Advanced Python Programming : Accelerate your Python programs using proven techniques and design patterns, 2/e (Paperback)
Write fast, robust, and highly reusable applications using Python's internal optimization, state-of-the-art performance-benchmarking tools, and cutting-edge libraries
- Benchmark, profile, and accelerate Python programs using optimization tools
- Scale applications to multiple processors with concurrent programming
- Make applications robust and reusable using effective design patterns
Python's powerful capabilities for implementing robust and efficient programs make it one of the most sought-after programming languages.
In this book, you'll explore the tools that allow you to improve performance and take your Python programs to the next level.
This book starts by examining the built-in as well as external libraries that streamline tasks in the development cycle, such as benchmarking, profiling, and optimizing. You'll then get to grips with using specialized tools such as dedicated libraries and compilers to increase your performance at number-crunching tasks, including training machine learning models.
The book covers concurrency, a major solution to making programs more efficient and scalable, and various concurrent programming techniques such as multithreading, multiprocessing, and asynchronous programming.
You'll also understand the common problems that cause undesirable behavior in concurrent programs.
Finally, you'll work with a wide range of design patterns, including creational, structural, and behavioral patterns that enable you to tackle complex design and architecture challenges, making your programs more robust and maintainable.
By the end of the book, you'll be exposed to a wide range of advanced functionalities in Python and be equipped with the practical knowledge needed to apply them to your use cases.
What you will learn
- Write efficient numerical code with NumPy, pandas, and Xarray
- Use Cython and Numba to achieve native performance
- Find bottlenecks in your Python code using profilers
- Optimize your machine learning models with JAX
- Implement multithreaded, multiprocessing, and asynchronous programs
- Solve common problems in concurrent programming, such as deadlocks
- Tackle architecture challenges with design patterns
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate to experienced Python programmers who are looking to scale up their applications in a systematic and robust manner. Programmers from a range of backgrounds will find this book useful, including software engineers, scientific programmers, and software architects.
1. Benchmarking and Profiling
2. Pure Python Optimizations
3. Fast Array Operations with NumPy and Pandas
4. C Performance with Cython
5. Exploring Compilers
6. Automatic Differentiation and Accelerated Linear Algebra for Machine Learning
7. Implementing Concurrency
8. Parallel Processing
9. Concurrent Web Requests
10. Concurrent Image Processing
11. Building Communication Channels with asyncio
14. Race Conditions
15. The Global Interpreter Lock
16. The Factory Pattern
17. The Builder Pattern
18. Other Creational Patterns
19. The Adapter Pattern
20. The Decorator Pattern
21. The Bridge Pattern
22. The Facade Pattern
23. Other Structural Patterns
24. The Chain of Responsibility Pattern
25. The Command Pattern
26. The Observer Pattern